MENS FASHION BLOGGER

My love for Turkish-Coffee and my Lack of Sleep

February 10, 2016

I am a coffee lover like most other people. I derive pleasure from taking a cup of coffee any day and anytime. Before i came to Northern-Cyprus, i was just a normal 8'o clock in the morning Nescafe guy but ever since i came here, I've had a change in delight.
It has been almost two years now and i can't imagine how many cups of Turk-Kahve i must have taken. Although i started drinking their coffee a year after my stay, it almost feels like forever.

I have learnt a-lot from the Turks. They aren't racists in any-way but language barriers have prevented them from communicating with the foreigners. The Turks take their kahve every-time with a stick of cigarette. This is just normal, you can never see a Turk drink kahve without a cigarette. When i first got here, i instantly fell in-love with their culture and their way of life. I made lots of friends and now,  my ability to speak their language have given me lots of friends and benefits.

Turk-kahve? This is their own coffee. I don't know the ingredients but i'm definitely in-love with the coffee. It comes in various form, we have the Ota-oza and the Sade-oza. The Ota-oza is with sugar while the other one is without. They are also different brands like the Mehmet and so on. My favorite one is the one with the sugar. The sugar is in the cube form and the Ota is just a way of saying 1 cube of sugar. I remember  when i first tasted the coffee, i can't deny the feeling i had afterwards, it's like i was reborn and full of energy. This very day, i was hanging out with my Turkish friends and then they asked me if i'd wanted coffee, i said yes and the next thing i heard was,"Adamsin", meaning You are a man. I got the coffee and we started drinking, the coffee is always accomplished with a glass of water because of it's thickness. That was the day i fell in-love with the coffee, the day i stopped from being the Nescafe guy to the Ota-oza guy.

After drinking the coffee, they always turn the cup upside down, it's like a form of folklore where they predict the future or prophesy good things to you. It is their culture and because i know the language it became very easy to understand what they meant and why they do what they do. The Turks are nice people, especially the Cypriots. They are very friendly and their passion for learning other peoples culture is just amazing.

Every love comes with a great price, mine being my lack of sleep. As you all know, i am on holidays but the one thing you don't know is that i have been having insomnia. I don't consider this a bad thing in anyway because it helps me read , update my blog and it also gives me time to think. For future tourist, Turk-Kahve is definitely worth trying and for those really interested, you can learn how t prepare it on YouTube. It's very straight forward. 
Post Comment
Post a Comment