MENS FASHION BLOGGER

24 hours in Istanbul

February 13, 2016


Valentine's day is around the corner and i was thinking of what i could possibly do make this day worthwhile, so i decided to take a days trip to Istanbul for shopping. I have been to Istanbul before, but that was when i was coming to school which was necessary, being that you have to pass through Istanbul to get to Northern-Cyprus.
I got the ticket on Thursday and i took off on that same day because i just got a one day ticket. I have always wondered what Istanbul would be like because i haven't really been there. I had imaginations of the place and what it would look like being that i only passed through the airport when i was coming to school. I was scared to death when the plane developed this vibrating noise and everyone was instructed to tighten their belts, it really took me off balance as i have been on several flights and i have never experienced the vibrating thingy before which eventually stopped at one point.

Finally touchdown. We got to Istanbul and it was as expected. I always knew the airport was a busy place, as a matter of  fact, everything i bought was from the airport except my visit to Zara. I got to Istanbul very late and i went straight to the hotel i had reserved for this trip. It was very fascinating, and i kept on saying to myself that i needed to do this often. The feeling was so great, the people were so warm and welcoming and everybody i met liked me instantly because i could speak and interact in their language. The free gifts i was given that night before i headed to the hotel almost felt like i had started shopping. The feeling was priceless and what re-experiencing.
I got to the hotel and i requested for my meal, then i slept afterwards because i had to regain energy for the rest of the trip. One advice i hope to give is that, if you can speak their language as a foreigner that you are, never and i repeat never engage in a conversation.

It was dawn already and i did the normal morning routine except for the fact that i didn't brush my teeth. I had forgotten my toothbrush. I went in search of toothbrush because i wasn't in a five star hotel nor 3 for that matter but i definitely had a good sleep. I didn't find any toothbrush but i got a mouth-spray and held on to my mint chewing-gum. I am not going to lie, i felt off but then again i didn't notice after i started my tour. I started walking from my hotel to the airport because it wasn't that far and i must say it was definitely worth it. Along the way, my first stop was to ZARA.
Zara has a-lot of good and quality designs from their shirts up to their shoes but they never ship to Northern-Cyprus and for this reason i wanted to ask why. So i got they and they explained some policy thingy i couldn't understand and told me they were going to start soon enough.
I couldn't help myself but look around their beautiful store, it was amazing.

I didn't plan on getting anything from Zara but i helped myself with a nice pair of shoes at a very ridiculous discount because i had just contributed to their customer service.
I continued my walk to the airport with my with my backpack as i was already prepared to leave immediately after i had finish getting all the things i needed. When i got to the airport, there wasn't much difference. It was always crowded as usual with people from everywhere trying to connect to their flight. I helped myself to the Victoria's Secret, to get a little something for my Bestie  for valentines although the price was crazy , she was worthy of it. I thought the trip was going to be boring but it wasn't. I had calculated that i would have about 4hrs left after i must have finished shopping but those four hours was the best part of the trip. i went on to continue my shopping which eventually finished by 6pm and my remaining four hours began.

I was at the cafe when i met this lady, she was Turkish but she could speak English very fluently but i didn't know because i wanted to show my ability of being able to communicate in their language. We started talking, asking lots of questions, at a point i was scared, i thought she was a detective or something, that she was trying to find out about why i came to Istanbul but i was wrong. She was just trying to relate with a foreigner because they like to relate with people. She asked me about my school and as i told her the name she stopped me and said she had a daughter in my school. The conversation got interesting, she started asking me if i had seen  her, showed me her picture and i must say she really has a cute daughter. She immediately called her daughter and she started explaining to her daughter what had happen, she introduced me and that moment, i admitted within myself that i had never been so lucky and that coming to this cafe was the best idea of this trip. We talked and laughed for two hours and we kept on going.

Thirty minutes more for me to start preparing, she gave me a package intended for her daughter. she said she was going to send it through the express mail service but there was no need for that anymore. This she said in English and i was shocked. She smiled as i willingly collected the package after which she stood up to take a photo with me. After taking the photo, we said our goodbyes and i left to board my flight.
I got back to my school safely with the thought of going back to Istanbul again someday. It was definitely worth it and Valentine couldn't have given me a nicer date. Yes people, i am going on a date with the lady's daughter i had met in Istanbul. 
Post Comment
Post a Comment